23/06/2015

Evolution as elevation

'I'm not after religion! I want mercy'
Said Jesus
No one listened and on it went

So as a child I worried when I forgot to start god with a
CAPITAL
Yet neglected my natural wonder
And was blind to my blessed life
Gratitude did not exude, it was fleeting
I wanted my next fix

In the addled essence of adolescence
Performance poured
So on it went
The drama of a personal universe
Taking license with the script, ad lib
Always half an eye on the prompts
Who waited in the wings like hovering vultchers
Ready to devour stray ideas
Screeching lines like that was all there was

As an adult
Other peoples voices still echo in my inner cathedral
Though truth be told
I could never say everything
I would always stumble over the punch line
Honestly
I revere justice too much to make myself it's depository

Come to the party, everyone
Respond without judgement, let go
Police others thoughts no longer
No more will you vanquish all that threatens you
Give up on being so correct
Deal in real and make room for mercy