13/11/2023

A Call To Life

 

I long for the language of the trees

To receive messages on the air

Or through the ground

No longer plugged into a grid of violence and vice

But a different network

One of mutual exchange

One that nourishes the other

This timeless conversation

A coded invitation to boundless interdependence

 

Lost memories surface and call me home

I am resisting their urgency

A latent promise of wholeness feels like a risk

I don’t set off

Without a map I deliberate

Again I strain and listen for whispers

I am at war with myself

Complacency weaponised

Inside out in thought

Action too full an order

Expectation renders my creative groundwater dust dry

I am parched for the truly natural

That illusive myth

The insistent truth

 

It is true that I have forgotten the permanent throne in my heart

There grows a wild fusion of persistence and generosity

Now neglected that vital essence stirs

In all of us a profusion of depth and lightness silently gives and gives

I long for that earthy love in the cosmos of each spoon of soil

To burst forth in me

May I babble with many languages and be stilled by ancient messages

Interpret the slower clock of time and get out of the way of life eternal

 

Earthy love come sit on the wild throne of my heart

 

Let us all make room and listen intently

Let us laugh long and cry too

Usher in our unblemished spirits

Accept our damaged parts

So we can hold the gaze of life

Take the invitation of connection

And invest in communal flourishing