04/03/2013

Californian balm-extract 4


I leered and toppled down the streets of San Francisco surprised at each familiar site, an immediate invisible bond sprung up, connecting me with those
velvet visions and with those who have immortalized them.
These places actually exist was the lingering fragrance of my inner world.
Jolted as i was from the past, and my teenage flings with computer haze, the hypnotic gaze,
i continued to tumble all about.
Those Spanish vibrations, los, san, santa, la, del, mar fuse together in an exotic dance of
electric joy.
Connected by networks of cable and tar they roll and fizz ecstatic off the tongue joining road and sun in this landscape of adventure.
Those names stand next to very certain English names of a descriptive quality, mysterious sounding places like the lost hills.
The lost hills which evoke fantasy and landscape long lost.
The lost hills as they were nameless and concrete-less before they were found,
and pound for gold and dollar.

Now I shout and leak joy into the San Francisco night and all the exotic mystery of the name seduces me.
Food and music wait for me midst its slanting, quaking, shaking hurly burly.