04/03/2013

Community Support Officer


I don't think I posses the words
for my insights
which i see so clearly within
As i wrench globules of life into comprehension, soil and roots swing and flick obscurity
consistently
I wreak desperation down upon myself
Anguish and frustration are more than the words
of the perishable and unnatural
I know that I am missing
That my lens is foggy
These longings for what i am
missing
in my uttering
are so homely
As primal as the lurch of fear drawing near
Art dwells and exists like an absent birds nest
and
it finds its existence in my incomplete lunges for the changing chasm,
My verbal groaning scratches fondly for its source.



(this poem has a seemingly obscure title. It was written as i sat opposite a community support officer on the train. i began to write about this 'other' as though i was them and realised i conveniently projected my own versions, safe labels onto that person opposite me - so i wrote this poem instead - perhaps these were her thoughts after all