Right now, in this era of here
I’m playing in the folds of technology’s robe
Donning my fad rags for a night in networking
My digital dalliance delivers only 
Smokeless fags
Flirting hags
Cyber stags

My screen screams silence
Longing for another, I search 4 sum 1
Again
Frantically I search another enchanting, lonely street
Of our golden cyber city
Where you don’t need feet
Embraced by the silver sticky thread
Of the world wide web
I’m trapped and waiting on this comfy seat

Too bored for thinking
I substitute napping for finger tap tapping
Heavy and upright
Sleep! calls the night
But bright light
Shiver and shake
Pixels pulsate

They throb as I do
A sole silent soul in a chemical soup

Screens scream silence
Mashed up violence
Sat there blinking
I know I’m shrinking
Mind melter, my thought shelter
I’m compact and taut like a
Rubber duck, suck!
Yellow plastic skin a brain like a bin

So here
head hung, red eyes an unseen twisted frown
I’m crying in the folds of technology’s robe
To scared to steal myself and take back her crown